Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Good Start

Hello Fellow writers, How are yall on this beautiful Wednesday afternoon? Well, today is a weird day because I got a reply from one of the stories I wrote.Yes, it came back like the other one but this time the lady said that she would re read it if I tweaked it more. Funny because I don't even remember sending this out. I went back into my story and read it and I found it was good but not the best I could have done. I was happy to be finished but to me it could have been so much better. I have been working on this story now I get this reply back saying if I tweak send it back and maybe it will happen for me. Merit! She said my story has MERIT! I love it, that makes me so happy. So when I am done I will send it back in and cross your fingers, the awesome journey of mine just might goto the next level. I have a question where can I go for someone to critique my work? Happy writing everyone!!

4 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Wonderful, Raven! Looks like the editor in question, is going to be soundly impressed.
Congratulatons! And I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's accepted the 2nd time round.
love

RomanceWriter said...

Wow! That is awesome news. It's a great first step.
I hope you decide to tweak it and send it back out.

Good luck!

Raven Starr said...

Thank you both so much. I have tweaked it and sent it back out.
I am crossing my fingers and I hope that this will be the one if not then Iat least I know that someone is interested.
What is passive voice? anyone anyone?

Kelley Nyrae said...

Good luck!! Its exciting isn't it? Which story is this for? If you join Romance Divas message board you can request a critique partner there. Thats what I did for GLWL.