Topic: Author Interview
Raven Starr the person:
1. What three words do you think describe you as a human being?
Compassionate, honest and loving
2. How do you think others would describe you?
Way too nice, easy going and hopefully compassionate.
3. Please tell us what you are most passionate about outside of writing.
Playing with my kids. Plus I'm a major horror movie buff.
4. Do you have any pets? If so, introduce us to them.
Yep, I sure do. I have a 7 month old, Pushon named, Rosie
5. What is your most precious memory?
All the ones that contain my mother.
6. What is your most embarrassing memory?
Now, if I told ya this one everyone would know. Nope, I'm skipping this one and going to number 8.*strolling away, whistling*
7. If you weren't a writer, what would you be doing with your life?
Being a nurse which I is my day job. I love taking care of the elderly. I think we have so much to learn from our ancestors but most of us are always too busy to listen.
8. In two paragraphs or less write your obituary.
Raven Starr lies behind three wonderful children and a wealth of friends and family. She was not only a writer touching our hearts but her words of poetry entangled into our very soul.
Not just writer, a mother to all children, friendly or non- friendly. Her compassionate, gentle free being will be missed. She was our voice in the darkness. Now she is our light.
Raven Starr the writer:
9. Can you describe the time you realized you were indeed a "real" writer?
Honestly, I've been writing since I can remember, but the first time I knew I was writer had to be when I received my first contract. I was blow away (I still am). I am humbled by this experience and only hope that I can touch someone and let them know that love is all we need.
10. What is going on with your writing these days?
Well I'm working on two different stories. I'm working on a vamp story and another romantic, longer story.
11. What are your future goals for your writing?
My future goals include getting an agent and to get my books into print. I love to have books in the hands of anyone that would like it; I know I would faint to hold a book with my name on it.
12. Can you describe a typical writing day for you?
Depending on whether my kids are home so I'll give ya both versions. No kids- after dropping my boys, I come home, fix a steaming cup of dark chocolate Mayan coffee(yup it tastes as good as it sounds) sit in front of my computer. I try to write when the mood strikes me or write in the genre that calls my name. But if my kids are home, now well that's another story. With chasing them around and stopping the constant fighting I still write, not as much, but they help me focus and keep my eyes on the prize.
13. Why do you write?
I write because it soothes the raging monster in my brain. Writing is apart of me, so I could never see myself not writing something, if not stories then poetry. My muse is twisted so I love delving into the colorful world that is known as, my imagination.
14. What writer most inspires you?
My inspiration comes from my journey in this life and the lessons that I've learned thus far. I've seen things and I've had experiences in my life where I've realized how precious living life is. So I try to do what makes me feel good and writing makes me very happy. Why? I heard once, in looking for a career choice, you should chose to do something that you makes you happy and would do for free. I write because I love it. I believe that we are all born with some talent and when we find out what this talent is, we should use it. I've missed many opportunities in life, so now I smell the roses, so to speak. Life is too short to live in the darkness of the world's hate and sometimes all we need is one light. I hope to be that light for at least one person. If I can, then I'm happy to have been able to bring light and love to them.
15. How do you define your writing?
Wow, okay personally I think my writing is romantic. Being a hopeful romantic to heart, I make sure there is romance in my stories.
16. In one sentence-what do you want people to say about your writing in fifty years?
I would love for people to say my writing touched them that I opened or showed something, within themselves that they couldn't see before.
Raven Starr the details:
17. Can you tell us where to find more information on you? Website? Blog?
Okay here's the details. I'm always toddling around on myspace-----> www.myspace.com/dkraven and my website(for now) www.freewebs.com/ravenstarr and let's not forget my blogspot.. www.dkraven.blogspot.com
18. Is there a place where readers can reach you?
Yup, I love hearing from readers, so check out my myspace and shoot me an email.
19. Can you list all your book titles so people can look for them?
Absolutely. Fan-Tasy.. Her Smile... Going Home Again...
20. For new readers-what can they expect when they read your book(s)?
Love, romance and wickedness. hahahaaa
21. Take as much space as necessary to speak to our readers-what would you like them to know about you and your writing?
On this planet there are a lot of stresses. Sometime we take a lot of things for granted, but when you want to step outside the norm and read something that will touch you, tantalize you, tease your senses and remind you that love is real then pick up one of stories. Let me sweep away into the world of my imagination. Come ride the waves of destiny with me. I want to thank you all so much because I wouldn't be sitting here doing what I love if it wasn't for my readers. I loved doing this interview. It was very bold and fun, just like me. hahahaaa. Please be on the look out for new books and information. Thanks again, Joyce, for this opportunity for the interview. I had a blast.