Thursday, October 04, 2007

Poet of the Month

Hey Y'all Im gonna try something different. I'm gonna find some reallt passionate poets and post their work here for everyone to enjoy. My first poet is Angee. Her 1st book of poetry called, 'Inspired' is avaliable now. Enjoy some of Angee's passionate words."Intimacy Of A Kiss”The subtleties of your touchYour lips on mineThe gentle tenderness of your kissSoft, warm, wanting, needingYou arms encircle meDrawing me into your embrace, Your personal space you let me inI melt, feeling the heat as we meetAs one, our eyes lockI love the way you look at meAs one, your kiss can say moreThan a thousand of your words ever couldOne kiss can mean moreThan a quick touch ever shouldA kiss can mean many thingsHello, goodbye or until we meet againI’m sorry or I love youEven where you are kissed is importantNot just the lips or your intimate bitsA tip of the nose, a closed eye, a handThe hair on the crown of your headThe ultimate forehead kissEven that saysYou are my heartYou are my soulYou are my everythingI’m missing a beat from my heartEvery time I have to go awaySo give me a kiss that will lingerLeaving me anticipatingNeeding me to come home to youSo I can be complete once more.© 10th April 2007 Written by Angee Edgar All Rights Reserved.


“Stealing My Thunder”I won’t allow you to steal my thunderI won’t let you take my voiceI know I’ll be stronger for my trialEven when I didn’t ask for help I was shown I had another choice.You won’t steal my thunderYou won’t drag me around by the handI’ve found someone worthy of me – it’s meSo I no longer have to live with your demands.When you first started taking my thunderIt was little things like shouting and pulling my hairThen it got more serious, you drew blood and left bruisesYou stood above me laughing and mocking “Ha ha! Life’s so not fair!”When I let you steal my thunderI let you take my pride as you slept aroundI let you take me for a foolish foolI let you beat my spirit into the ground.As my thunder was continually erodedNo one near to me had a clueThey only thought this vivacious woman’s a little quieterIf only the whole truth they knew.When thunder is stolen it’s gradualSometimes friends and family might suspectBut an expert in denial and hiding the bruisesUltimately through fear he controlled the noose at my neck. When another whose thunder was stolenApproached me one day in the streetShe said so sincerely and deeply “I see you. It happened to me.”She gave me a card and said “Call if you want to meet.”I looked at the thunderbolt card she gave meA stranger I thought ‘Who the hell is she?’I didn’t know my family told her about meI put away the card not knowing she’d be the one to help set me free.I decided my thunder had to come backIt hit me as I looked in the mirror one dayI saw I was a shadow of my former selfIn this relationship I knew I didn’t want to stay.My thunder was not yours to be takenThe beatings and punishment I could take no moreI gathered the courage to make that callI asked for help and phone in hand slid crying to the floor. My thunder is under reconstructionAn ex gave me a lesson I needn’t have been taughtI’ve been helped through this awful time in my lifeTo my family and friends I’m grateful for their true love and support.As I heal I’m taking back my thunderEventually I’ll blossom again like a roseI’ve realise there’s life after spousal abuseIt will take time, how long? I trust God it’s only he that knows. © 22nd September 2007 Written by Angee Edgar All Rights Reserved

No comments: