Thursday, October 11, 2007

Google Thyself

All this bloody talk of folks googling themselves isn't what its cracked up to be. Yep, I feel prey to this and got broken by what I saw.Even though my book sold 99 copies on every site I have only ONE rating that is following me everywhere. POOR! That one rating reflects one person's opinion but it still hurts very much. Since I googled myself, I started questioning my work and myself.I know that I am my own worse critic. I know that NOT everyone who reads my books will like them. Its not the Poor rating as much as it is the ONLY rating, that troubles me.This is a hard business I know and I've only just begun.My friends have come out and shown me such support that it brought me literarly to tears. My publisher and editor both wrote to me and expressed how good my work is.But why then am I stuck in this rut? Who knows. Maybe its just writer's block. Every writer goes through this and I will break free and start back to work. But what are some of your thoughts on writer's block. What do you do to pass the time when you are blocked? Do you continue to write? Or just stop altogether?How do you take the negetive critcs?Let's work it out. Share your thoughts with me..Raven Starr

No comments: