Monday, August 12, 2019

Good Morning



Good Morning Raven Watchers. How was your weekend? Mine wasn’t too bad, just getting used to waking up early on Saturday Morning to co-host a new podcast called, ‘Goddess Talks’ on blogtalk, I’ll post the number and website at the bottom. I hope you’ll be able to join us because Kristy and I are having a ball.
So, this is the second post, but I have much I’d like to share with you. I am thinking about waiting until the blog is getting some hits before we talk about the Movie Club. I’m going to make a list of movies, and I’ll run a poll and we can see what our first movie will be. I’m a geek over movies, and once you get to know me, you’ll find out just how much of a geek I can be, that’s for sure. I’m very excited with the way things are going right now, I can’t say too much but I’m excited.
It feels good to be writing again. After the closing of the first Epub where I was listed, I lost my confidence. It took a long time for me to admit that I lost confidence but it’s true. My heart ached as I stepped away from one of the greatest joys in my life.
I’ve done a lot of things in my life, model, nurse, mother, and playwright. I loved all those attributes of my life, but nothing fills me more with electric energy the way creating a new world through my writing does. So, one day a friend (Jayha Leigh) gave me two things 1) a swift kick in the ass and 2) a challenge.
I do love a good challenge. She said just write a bit, it doesn’t to be long just write a little every day. She filled me with hope again. Jayha has read my work and I absolutely enjoy her work, respect and most of all her friendship which is why after we spoke, I tried it. I didn’t have to sit for too long, I didn’t force myself and once I began it was like the flood gates had once again opened and I felt connected. So, my dear friend, Jayha thank you so much for the kick and the challenge.
I absolutely agree that you must find the path on which you chose to walk. Some folks have jobs, while other people have careers. I didn’t know about the difference when I was younger, I’m glad to know the difference.
The movie club is open to all genres and if you have a movie you’d like to review please let me know. Now be warned I have seen a lot of movies but I’m excited to start the club. I mentioned before about Goddess Talks podcast is every Saturday Morning, I hope you guys will be able to join Kristy and I for fun, and nonsense. It’s awesome.
Please add me on the Facebook link below.
I’m also on Instagram ravenstarr9122
Thanks for stopping by and you enjoy your week.

1 comment:

JayhaLeigh said...

Raven!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the shout out. It means a lot to me. You know that I enjoy tossing out challenges because when they're accepted, the results are usually so effing cool. So glad to see you out here DOING THE DANG THING. Write on, speak on, and I look forward to that movie list. I'm just going to add some of my favs right here: The Princess Bride, The Breakfast Club, Smokey and the Bandit, Office Space, and I Am not Your Negro. And these are The Jeanie's contributions: Reservoir Dogs and Pootie Tang.